Snow-Covered Stone Bench in Zion

deep snow covers zion national park, utah
Stone bench with a fabulous winter view!
Another fun picture from my snow storm in Zion.  Above the lowest of the Emerald Pools I explored in the deep snow.  There were no footprints so I felt like everything was virgin land.  A rock slide and plenty of ice had closed a portion of the trail.  I went a little beyond the "closed" sign to see the view from a point across from the grotto.  

Up at this higher viewpoint I found two benches covered deep in powder snow.  Careful to not put my footprints in the powder, I took several photos from a distance and slowly got closer and closer for additional photos.  This photo captures the bench and its' view.
landscape photography fine art in Zion national park
Another snowy bench view
landscape photography in zion national park
The trail through snow
zion landscape photography by gordon smith
Trail Closed sign