Snow Canyon Overlook: Spectacular Sunrise

Snow Canyon Utah landscape photography
Two Yucca plants overlooking the majestic SnowCanyon, Utah
Snow Canyon is the closest landscape photography destination for me.  I can almost see my home from this viewpoint.  I came to the Snow Canyon Overlook about a year ago to see what type of photographic potential it had.  After looking things over carefully, I decided it would be a great sunrise location.

This month I decided to wake up at 5 o'clock, make the drive to the parking lot and began hiking up the trail.  It is about 2.5 miles one way.  It is not especially difficult although in the dark, false trails could lead someone astray for a few feet here and there.  I used my headlamp for the first 2 miles.as I was getting to the overlook, enough dawn light allowed me to turn off the headlamp.

I was not disappointed with the sunrise.  It was very gradual, very beautiful.  I love the contrast in the white sand, the red rocks and blue sky.  I hope to return here again for another sunrise before too long.
Southern Utah landscape photography Snow Canyon
Snow Canyon Overlook with some Tiny White Clouds
sunrise at Snow Canyon Overlook, Utah
outcropping of rocks above Snow Canyon

Comments