Camping at Coyote Gulch: Black Pool

Black Pool at Coyote Gulch, Utah:  a quiet campsite for single tent
Here's my take on tent photography.  On a quiet morning after sleeping our first night at the Black Pool in Coyote Gulch, I got up while my two daughters continued sleeping.  The wind from the previous night was gone.  Nothing stirred.  The tree leaves, the tall grasses and the flat water surface each stood entirely still.  I was able to set up tripod and camera, shutter release and carefully focus.  A long shutter speed later, I had this photo.

I carefully rotated my polarizing filter to remove reflections off the wet seeping rock walls, thus keeping the all wonderful colors.  But I also wanted to keep all those reflections on the water.  This ended up being an easy task, but one I did consciously.

I have seen plenty of tent photography:  tents in lonely, beautiful places.  I think this shot is a worthy addition to this genre.