Cavern Cascade: 270° Photo Stitching

cavern cascade of watkins glen new york
Cavern Cascade in Watkins Glen State Park
I wanted to photograph Cavern Cascade from behind from the moment I walked underneath the falls.  This is such an exciting experience to have, I hoped to capture the feeling of being there.  My camera lens is simply not wide enough to capture the path coming down on the left, passing behind the waterfall and then continuing on to the right and then down into the light of the canyon. 
behind the waterfall at Watkins Glen state park
I took the photograph by standing behind the waterfall and,
using a tripod, took many photos in nearly every direction.
Immediately I thought of stitching multiple photos together.  Adobe Lightroom make this a much easier process.  I shot more than 20 frame in a portrait orientation at different exposures to allow for the darkest shadows and the brightest rays of morning light.  Then I walked away with hope of salvation in the digital darkroom. 

Back home, Lightroom (LR) could not stitch it together.  Some images are a little too dark or unclear for LR.  I turned to Photoshop (PS) for answers and help.  PS came to the rescue and was able to make this kaleidoscopic image come to life. 

Please look through the image at original size to see all the amazing detail that comes out in this shot.  You might feel the mist of the waterfall too.  :)