Green Glow, Smooth Flow (a post about processing)

Lovely shelf waterfall into a green pool in southern Utah
Green Glow, Smooth Flow
I discovered this photo in a group of RAW files I never got to during the 2017 year.  In sorting through them, getting rid of the rubbish, I found this one and said to myself, "there's a jewel."  I began processing the photo primarily by adjusting the luminance of various color channels to help the falling water retain it's bright whiteness.  This was easily done using the blue color channel in Lightroom.   Then I turned to the greens.  The greens are under and above the water in this photo and (as always) I try to process them to look like they did in reality.  I was there.  I saw all this and even swam in the water.  This is what it looks like.  The only missing element is the sound of falling water.  

With this longer exposure, I blurred the waterfall and smoothed out the water's surface.  I also captured some blurred motion in the foliage as it swayed in a slight breeze.  Some of those most-blurred leaves have been cloned out on the plant at the lower left.  I also copied and blended some from another exposure (taken just seconds apart from this one) on one tree in the upper left also.  

At exposure time, I used a polarizing lens and a longer shutter speed to take reflections off the wet rocks and water's surface and to blur the falling water and surface.