Artist's Point, Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone

Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone with waterfall
Artist Point, Yellowstone National Park looking up at Lower Yellowstone Falls
In contrast to my previous post where I was all alone, at the incredible Artist Point in Yellowstone Park I had to wait for 30 minutes before I could find a place to park my car.  Then I walked out and was able to get away from civilization a bit to enjoy the spectacular view from artist point.  I've been here at sunrise when I had it entirely to myself.  I have also, in the middle of the day, such as on this occasion, and share the view that with many others.  Yellowstone National Park is a melting pot of all nationalities coming to enjoy the recent nature.  Under any circumstance, it is worth the visit.  I came with my family on this occasion but still enjoyed the photography.  If coming alone and primarily for landscaping purposes, I would suggest rising early or staying out late.  You will not be disappointed at this location.
Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone
Artist point, looking downstream across the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone
Gordon's hike rating:
Hike Difficulty:                   ★ Easy
Trail Condition:                   ★ Flat and Paved
Trail Hazards:                      ★ Minimal
Trailhead:                             Artist Point Parking lot, south side of Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone
Time Required:                     1 hour
Distance round trip:              1 mile
Off the Beaten Path:             ★ No, especially during mid-day
Scenery:                                ★★★★ Excellent, 4 Stars
Photographic Potential:        ★★★ Good, 3 Stars

Comments