Trail Report: Secret Zion Waterfall

zion remote swimming hole
Secret Waterfall, Zion National Park
Keeping secrets is fun if you know that your secret is highly desired by others.  I discovered a secret waterfall in Zion National Park and it is so much fun and such a wonderful find, that I have to post something about it.  However I will keep its location a secret.  What I will share is how beautiful it is.  I want to share the beauties of nature and how I can best capture it with photography.

This particular waterfall was reached after hiking several hours.  There is no trail.  There is no trail head.  It was simply a rumor.  I can say that along the way I saw several small fish in the stream, climbed over multiple boulders, crisscrossed from side to side of the water countless times.  The journey was mostly enjoyable.

As I was approaching the end of this hike, I saw the split waterfalls noted above.  My heart leapt with excitement.  I spent a couple of hours here taking a lot of photographs.  I also spent a little bit of time swimming and sliding down these waterfalls.  Very fun!  It's nice to be a serious photographer but also nice to have a little fun. 
secret southwest waterfall
Deep Drop

Comments